Hey everyone I know it has been a little while but there has not been to much for me to write about. Don't get me wrong I still have been doing amazing things but nothing that I could verbalize in a exciting story that you would want to read. I just got to Cambodia today after binging in Vietnam for 16 days. Great place -- people, scenery and I gained a stronger insight to who I am and where I stand in the world.
Since the last most I had just Hanoi and was on my way to Ho ain. I spent 3 nights there and just relaxed. I really laid low, I really just had some true alone time and cherished it. Ho ain is also a place of over 200 tailors where you can get cheap cloths made. Naturally a got a couple things (you all know me with nice cloths that are cheap, I cant resist). Don't be alarmed but I got a lot and it all looks great on me: 3 suits (3 piece pinstriped brown suit, tan suit and a flashy gray suit), leather jacket, 2 fitted button down and 8 ties. I got a ton of stuff for a such a good deal and I officially now have a tailor in Vietnam. He said I can email him what I want from the USA and he will make it and ship it over to me. After my shopping spry I went to Saigon. The thing is I was going to go to Laos for Ho ain because the border is close by but with the freedom I have at the last minute I decide to go to Saigon to see the War museums. I have an extra week if I do 2 weeks in every country, so I had some time to do it. Saigon its self was just another big city with all the things that big cities offer -- bright light, drinking and anything else you want. All I was interested in was seeing the Vietnam perspective of the War at the Museum and the tunnels in Saigon. I did it all in one long day that gave me a lot of insight. There was a strong sent of propaganda which was largely agreed upon by most tourist but I was able to get a glimpse through there eyes. The amazing thing about the whole experience was talking to Vietnamese people about it. They all where very positive and showed no hostility towards me(which was one of my hesitations coming to Vietnam). They had a strong positive attitude talking about always looking at the positive and looking forward to progression and the future. I left the city for which I came searching for which is always a refreshing feelings on your travels.
I know reside lakeside in Cambodia and ready to start over in a new country. It gets easier and easier every time. Not that its easy to travel but to psyche is at ease and know how is keener.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment