Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The ride of a life time

Here is how my 4th of July went:

32 hour of the bumpiest roads, beautiful mountains, sheer cliffs and road closures.  It started at 2 am on the 4th, were I loaded up on a bus from Manali to Leh.  The expected time it would take was about 20 hours but he driver said more like 18.  I was in the back row of the mini van, where 4 people were crammed in.  I couldn't sleep because I was just to uncomfortable.  The roads were nice and paved for the first few hours but after that it was all dirt roads that were some of the worst I have ever been on.  The sights out the window of the bus were truly breath taking.  I remember saying to myself  'I am one lucky guy.'  Around 11 in the morning we got a flat tire but surprisingly we where up and running in 15 min.  We made a stop for lunch at a road side restaurant and we got word that 5 km ahead there was a truck in the middle of the road and it would take about an hour before we could pass.  But because everything runs slower in India, with Indian time it took 7 hours to move the truck.  Of course all bad things happen three,  we ended up having to stay in some tent village over night because we couldnt cross a certain mountain pass at night.  Finally arriving in Leh at 1030am on the 5th of july.

Even though it was no fun experancing the trip, I can put this one in my book of stories that I will aways remember.

I am now in Leh where I will partake in the final stage of my Indian Journey -- Meditaion and Yoga course.  I just booked a flight to Vietnam for the 1st of August.  That mean a birthday celebration in Southeast Asia.  You must RSVP if you would like to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment