Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To South East Of Asia

I have been in Vietnam for 1 night and it is such a different place. Its going to take me a couple more days to get used to the new people, culture and how everything works.  I have to say the psychology side of me really likes the change and trying to figure it all out.
So journey to get was a bit difficult.  I took a flight to Bangkok, Thailand hoping to get a quick ticket to Hanoi, Vietnam but of course it couldn't be that easy.  I got in at 8 pm at night and there wasn't a flight out until 645 the next morning and the booking place đint open till 5am so I đidnt know if I could even get a ticket.  My options were get a hotel room to the airport or sleep in the airport.  Being on a budget, the airport floor was my choice.  I got about 2 hours of sleep and it actually wasn't that bad.  Got up at 430 and tried to get a ticket and to my happy surprise the ticket was 3 times the price I was told.  The travel agent who helped me out in India said it would be no problem getting a ticket in the airport for about $50.   Well he was so wrong!  At the end of the day I didn't care, I just wanted to get to Vietnam and I did so I was happy.
Now I am in Vietnam and I am trying to plan what to do.  I am seriously considering getting a motorcycle and driving it around in the North for a week. I am going to Holang Bay tomorrow for my birthday.  If you look it up on the internet its the place that you see a lot of movies where the mountains come out òf the water.  I am really not sure what else I am going to do but that is all the fun of traveling.  I am going to a place called Hoi an were they make cheap tailor made suit, so I might just come back with a nice purple suit.  Just kidding but I am definitely getting like 2 suits. I love reading emails by the way so feel free to update me on your life because I would love to hear about it.  And ìf you have been to Southeast Asia  send suggestions âs well.

jstnwllns21@gmail.com

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Well I guess I need to wish you Happy Birthday again. It is still your birthday here, even though it is not your birthday there anymore. Hope you had a memorable day on August 4th!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete