It has been a while, but I just didnt feel like I had a lot of good stories to tell. The good news now is that I know have a bunch to say. So lets begin:
Last you heard of me I was in Laos and had just left the homestay. From there I made my way to the capital city and had to spend a few days there to get a 60 day Thia visa. I often find capitals and big cities boring and try to get out as soon as possible but Laos being on the under developed side it was a bit different. My time spent there was largely just chilling out and relaxing. From the capital I was making my way north trying to hit a couple of more cities before I went into the north of Thailand. The next city was called Vang Vieng, the infomus party tuding city. Everywhere I went in South East Asia everyone said I had to go tuding in Laos in Vang Vieng because "it was the best time they ever had." I got there and it was pouring ran but that wasnt going to stop me from having fun until I released that no one else was going that day. That put me in a tough spot because I only really had time for one night unless I wanted to cut out something from somewhere else. I spent most of the rainy day at a resterunt watching Friends reruns with some other people I met that where taking shelter from the rain. That day I came to an interesting insight in myself and as a traveler. I dont like party tourest town or people. To be honest the party stuff I would much rather do with really close friends then random poeple I just met. The peolpe in these places (although this is a large genralization) tend to be people that I really cant relate to, what you can say not my kind of people. I guess I now know I am not a huge party person and would perfer a great conversation then getting wasted. Oh the wonders of travel. As you can guess I never went tubbing and I moved onto my next town. It was a great choice because I got just what I was looking for, I met really great couple that I was able to have interesting intellectual conversations with. I really enjoyed there company and I also ened up taking a cooking class with them. I thought I knew how to cook before but I came to the realization that I know very little. I guess I will just have to add that to my list of other passions to persue. The next day after the cooking class I left Laos for the north of Thialand on a 24 hour bus journey.
After the long ass bus journey I was on my last stop of my travels, my 5th counrty in 4 months. I wanted to see a bit of North of Thailand before I met up with my sister in the south. As I sit in Bangkok now I see how different the two parts of the counr\try really are. The north is alot less untanted by tourism and the people are very sweat. Example - I spent two days hanging out with a shop owner in the North because he just wanted to talk to me. Although the people in the south are nice you can tell that they have been tanted by the grind of the tourist.
I now stand between me and two weeks before I go home. The whole idea just freaks me out alittle bit and I dont know how to discribe it at this point. I also just met up with my sister and I am extremly excited to spend time with her and see where our adventures lead together.
Well that it for now because my internet time is up but more to come soon. Cant wait to see thouse of you in boston and then maybe others soon after in California.
Love You All
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Justin,
ReplyDeleteI totally cannot believe that you are coming back to the states in a couple of days. So much has transpired for you but it feels like just yesterday that you left. So many stories in your head, this has been a life changing experience. I cannot wait to see the guy you have become...
Love you Lots,
Mom