This will be a two part post, first a short recap of what I have been up to this last 2 weeks and finally the final farewell.
What have I been doing? Great question and the answer is lots of relaxing. You must understand relaxing Justin style is a bit different from normal people. I honestly cant sit on a beach and do nothing. Ask my sister she knows to well I need detraction. Relaxing to me is maybe taking that hour on the beach and then probably some diving, snorkeling, swimming, exploring on a motorbike or hiking. Just being by the beach and on an island was enough for me. These last 2 weeks of my travels have been more of a vacation then traveling. I ate more (gained 5 pounds back from the 25 I lost), slept in A/C hotels and did some shopping. Oh and I cant forget, I also had an amazing 1 hour massage on the beach. One of those memories that sticks with you -- It was pouring rain and lighting while I was getting this hour oil massage under this romantic little grass hut looking out onto the ocean. I guess you could say I really enjoyed myself and was able to get ready to get back to life in the USA.
One of the big highlights of the last few weeks was taking my dive certification course on Kho Tao. As a swimmer I am on top of the water but now I got to be under it. I have been wanting to get my cert for a really long time but never had the time or the money. Now I had both and I took the opportunity. It was way better then what I imagined and once it was over I was craving for more. Lucky for me one of the guys I took the class with was also from California and we already made plans to go diving. My dad and I can finally fulfill his life long dream of going diving with me in the Great Barrier Reef. I also really enjoyed my time with my sister; we really had the chance to just bond, something we probably hadnt done in 5 or 6 years. It also always nice to have a big sis to look out for you, hence the weight gain and A/C hotel rooms. It was a remarkable end to an unbelievable trip; you could say a trip of a life time but I dont think is true because I am still young and after doing this trip it has only just begun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment